Net Worth Update! +$2,220
Here is our net worth for December. See details below of what happened this month.
Cash savings - $31,256
Ameritrade brokerage account - $6,586
Vehicles - $41,425
Engagement ring - $12,000
Rental deposit - $200
My 401k - $19,334
Fiance 401k - $32,491
Traditional IRA - $5,608
Roth IRA - $4,600
My profit sharing - $8,897
My credit card debt - $1,828
Fiance credit card debt - $1,296
Student loans and ring debt - $13,779
My car loan - $17,798
Fiance car loan - $25,216
Total Net Worth $102,480
You can see definitions of the above in our first net worth report. You can also see our previous month's reports: October, September, August, and July.
So what happened?
1) I previously posted that I thought net worth would be up about $3,000 or $4,000 this month. Well, on the last day of the month we made a deposit with our wedding photographer of $1,427 which brought us down.
2)I cashed in some of our brokerage account to pay off a 0% credit card loan.
3) The Dodgers refunded my playoff ticket money. This had no net worth effect though as I previously had a receivable due from the Dodgers.
4) Last month we had an increase in the value of our cars of $750, while this month, the value declined by over $1,000.
5) Our 401k's performed really well.
6) We started spending. Christmas is right around the corner and just in general we spend more this time of year.
And that is about it. Since I started posting in July, we have squeaked out net worth gains every month, mostly thanks to a strong stock market. I'm hoping this can continue.